Wednesday 25 April 2012

Nail Wraps - Review

Nail Wraps: £4.50 Asda


So last night.. I lost my nail wrap virginity! I'd been wanting to try out some of these for a good while after seeing various bloggers raving about them, but just wasn't sure if I'd be even be able to get them on my own fingers! I'd seen a lot of amazing designs on Asos, but for almost £7 a set, I just couldn't do it knowing that there was a high chance of them going hideously wrong. I spotted this set, and a few others hidden amongst the clothes section in Asda and thought I'd give them a go, at the slightly cheaper price point of £4.50. They had about 6 designs in store, some of which you can see in this blog post I found on google. The watermelon style wraps are so cute as well, as are the pink flowery ones! Though I'm confused as to why all but the ones I purchased, are only £4? Maybe the people at Asda have cottoned on to the fact that these are the most desirable of the selection and can get away with that cheeky extra 50p... I can't really complain too much though, I am so happy with the results and would say they are definitely worth the price. 
The wraps come sandwiched between sealed plastic wrapping and are easy to peel off ready for application. You literally just stick them over your nails like you would a sticker, I never used to understand how this would possibly work, but trust me, it really does! The wraps sticky adhesive side hardens after a few hours and fuses the wrap to the nail. It says on the back to use as soon as the packet is opened to prevent the wraps drying out, but it took me about 2+ hours to get them all stuck on and they all worked fine :) 
I think the key to getting good results with wraps like these is patience. They are fiddly and it can take a good few attempts to get the wrap to sit in the right position on the nail, but once you nail that part (budumdum tshhh) it's pretty much plain sailing. You just fold the excess wrap over the end of the nail, pull it tight and file it off. Though again, patience is key, I got slightly file happy and ripped off half of one wrap accidentally and had to cut the larger spare wrap to fit a smaller finger, but it worked ;) 
  







So far the wraps have lasted a day with no chips or tears and I was pretty sure they weren't going to last the night. The adhesive really does harden well and I'm no longer worried about them peeling off while I'm in the bath or asleep! :') I don't think they'll have the staying power of my usual nail routine, but I'm hoping they'll last a few more days at least! 
These wraps have definitely inspired me to try out different brands of nail wraps and I'm thinking of repurchasing these same ones for my birthday weekend in a few weeks time. I really do love them!

Has anyone else tried these wraps from Asda? What did you think? I'll keep you updated on how long they last!

Katt xo

[EDIT: They lasted around a week which I was very impressed with, not in perfect condition, but the pattern of the wrap disguises any imperfections really well!]

25 comments:

  1. Gah I absolutely love these! My friend got me some wraps for Xmas and I'm still yet to try them as Im scared I'll mess them up haha. I'm getting to asda ASAP! Good find. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same! So worried I'd make a right mess, but they're surprisingly easy to use. I was impressed :) xo

      Delete
  2. Ooooo I love these so colourful xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beaut! I never would have looked in asda for anything like this, I definitely need to take a trip down, they're so cute :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried these yet...as my Asda STILL haven't got them in! :( Saw them on a blog ages ago and have been checking every week but still none! They look great!
    Thank you for following my blog, I am following you back :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, I'm sorry you haven't been abel to try these yet, the nail wraps aren't in every Asda store so have a look at some more in your area if you can, there's now versions for your toes in the aztec print, perfect for summer sandals! Nicole & Gemma (nail wrap buyer and designer)

      Delete
  5. Wow, I love these! Asda are bang on trend! It's a shame that I don't live anywhere near one, though... The world is being taken over by tesco!
    Your blog is really lovely and I've enjoyed reading it. :)
    P.S. CATS ARE MY LIFE, SO I LOVE YOU!

    http://m0llyslife.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowowow these are amazing and for £4 too! You have such a lovely blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the design of these nail wraps! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooooooove these! Need to try them! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look amazing i might have to take a trip to asda x
    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THE LOOK AMAZING! I really want to the try the ..chrome ones? I think thats what they're called. But aahh, I'm yet to lose my nail-wrap virginity! :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look SO good! Just come across your blog, and I love it! Also, the name is so cute :)
    We are now following you, if you would like to follow us back we would be very grateful!
    Love Kendall from trendswb.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your nails! I haven't tried nail wraps yet but I have just done a post using nail art pens. Check it out if you want.

    Great blog by the way, you now have a new dedicated follower, would love if you could check out mine sometime and maybe follow back :)

    xx

    http://fashion-nerdette.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just ordered the Fashion Against Aids skirt from H&M that is exactly the same pattern as these wraps! Absolutely gutted that I don't live near an Asda, they look fantastic!

    Jade
    x
    www.frolickingfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for a print skirt like that for ages! Taking a trip to the H&M in the next town on Thursday so will keep a look out for that! ;) xo

      Delete
  15. I haven't tried nail wraps yet but looking forward to avoid the annoying drying time. ;) they also do some really cool designs now!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. those look wicked. haven't tried any yet because I usually just do a deign myself.

    Gonna go get some!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow,they look so good!
    Very colourful but nice!


    Love Katrien

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, That's so beautiful, I REALLY love that too!! :3
    (http://kitkatkorpan.over-blog.com) ^^

    ReplyDelete