Wednesday 9 May 2012

17 Supreme Shine Lipstick - Hot Flash - Review

Lipstick: £4.99, 17 @ Boots - Shade Hot Flash


The other day I spent AAAGES in boots trying to find a lipstick that would give a little pop of colour to my (planned surprisingly weeks in advance..!) birthday outfit, but also one that wasn't going to break the bank. I um-ed and ahh-ed over a few different brands and colours (one of which was the L'oreal, Rouge Caresse in 'Cheeky Magenta', defo need that shade in my life in the near future ;)) but in the end decided to go for this 17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in the shade 'Hot Flash'. 


There were a couple of reasons why I was drawn to this shade, the first being that I swatched the lipstick along with so many others on my hand and the colour remained all day! I really love lip products that give a stain to the lip as I'm forever licking my lips/eating/drinking, which doesn't bode well for products with little staying power! Another being that I'm trying to break away from my usual pink lip and try something new!


In real life the bullet of the lipstick appears much less red and leans more toward an orange shade (I have no idea why it looks such a deep red above!) The colour swatch at the bottom is pretty much spot on in terms of how the shade looks on the lip. The product is lightweight, similar to a gloss/balm and applies with ease. The shade looks subtle with only one layer of application but can be built up to create more dramatic colour. 


As you can see below the colour does tend to stick to any dry skin/lumps and bumps remaining on the lip before application, so I would really recommend exfoliating lips first to get a nice smooth surface! (I've been using the Lush sugar scrub which is DELISH!)

I really can't decide whether I'm a fan of the packaging for this product. The silver case is heavy and doesn't appear cheap, which really surprised me considering the price point! It seems a lot more high end than it actually is which is a plus. However the little blue 'new stickers' stuck on the front are so annoying to try and get off and leave a horrible sticky residue on the silver. I've also found the shiny casing to get covered in smudgy fingerprints and mark fairly easily, though I suppose you can't find that much fault for £4.99 ;)


Overall I was very impressed with this lipstick, the shade is interesting, moisturising, long lasting and good value for money. What do you guys think of these Supreme Shine Lipsticks? Would you say they're worth the money? Do you like the packaging? Is there anymore shades I should have a look at? I really like the look of 'Pink Posey!' 

Katt xo

P.s. My lovely friend Sarah Harrison has applied for Jack Wills' summer internship opportunity and I would LOVE it if you like her application, you could vote for her! HERE! I think that link should take you straight to her video, if not I think her entry is on the second page of the girls! You can vote once a day! But even one vote would help her out SO much! and all it takes is a few clicks of the mouse! Thanks Guys :)

8 comments:

  1. looks cute!! nice colour! come check out my blog too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goregous colour :) Thank you for the mention Katt ♥ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reds sooo much! So hot!

    http://prettylittletitch.blogspot.co.uk/

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/prettylittletitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful colour! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like the colour! not too bold, not too muted though

    chlo @chlowitty blogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour looks really nice I think :) X

    http://wakeupstrangeandtakethewalkdownstairs.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colour, it's quite a bright red, but not that bright that you can't pass it off in the day. Love it!

    Lindsey

    ww.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete